At Ambitious College we are committed to working as a transdisciplinary team. This involves all professions working together to deliver person-centred outcomes for our learners.
In the college the transdisciplinary team consists of:
- Allied Health Professionals – Speech and Language Therapists (SaLT) and Occupational Therapists (OT)
- Qualified Teachers
- Behaviour Specialists
Working together as a trans-disciplinary team, our staff work within a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Framework to help our learners acquire new skills and participate in everyday life. This means that:
- Support is personalised to each individual.
- Support is based on an understanding of how each young person learns and what their behaviours of concern mean to them.
- Support is planned, implemented and monitored consistently.
- Decisions around support are evidence-based.
- Support is proactive and uses the least restrictive approaches.
This approach helps our learners overcome behaviours of concern and gives them more opportunities to learn effectively and achieve long-term goals.